The official regulations on welcoming international visitors into Vietnam have been agreed with a much more open process than previously proposed.
On the afternoon of March 16, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism officially issued Official Dispatch No. 829/PA-BVHTTDL on the plan to reopen tourism activities under new normal conditions.
Accordingly, the regulations on welcoming international guests into Vietnam have been agreed with a much more open process than previously proposed by relevant agencies.
Conditions for international visitors to enter Vietnam include:
– Passengers who are citizens of the following 13 countries, are exempt from visa when entering Vietnam with a temporary stay of 15 days, regardless of passport type, entry purpose, on the basis of meeting all conditions. in accordance with the laws of Vietnam: Federal Republic of Germany, Republic of France, Republic of Italy, Kingdom of Spain, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Russian Federation, Japan, Republic of Korea, Kingdom of Denmark, Kingdom of Sweden, Kingdom of Norway, Republic of Finland and Republic of Belarus. Validity: from March 15, 2022 to the end of March 14, 2025.
[Officially approving the plan to guide the opening of tourism in the new phase]
– Passengers are foreigners, Vietnamese residing abroad and their relatives bring all valid papers as prescribed (including permanent residence card, temporary residence card, visa, valid visa exemption certificate). ) are allowed to enter Vietnam. These passengers do not need to go through the procedures of personnel inspection, visa issuance / visa exemption certificate, do not need to apply for approval of the immigration policy of the local ministry or industry.
Requirements for testing and vaccination:
– Guests only need to have a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 (except for children under 2 years old) before departure by air within 72 hours if using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method or within 24 hours if the rapid antigen test method for SARS-CoV-2 is used and certified by the competent authority of the country performing the test.
– For passengers entering by road, rail, or sea, they can test before leaving the country like by air if the travel time is short. If the trip is long, get tested for COVID-19 at the border.
– If you have symptoms of COVID-19 infection, you must test, if positive, follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health ( here ).
– There is no longer a regulation that passengers entering Vietnam by air need to be re-tested when entering Vietnam, and there are no regulations on isolation. Satisfying this condition is that guests are allowed to participate in tourism.
– All passengers must make a medical declaration at tokhaiyte.vn before departure.
– Install the PC-Covid application.
During 10 days from the date of entry, passengers self-monitor their health. If you have symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection (fever; cough; sore throat; runny nose, stuffy nose; body aches, fatigue, chills; decreased or lost taste; decreased or lost sense of smell; pain, headache; diarrhea; shortness of breath; respiratory infection…) must immediately notify the nearest medical facility for guidance and timely management; take preventive measures (regularly wear a mask, disinfect hands with an antiseptic solution).
– Travelers must have medical insurance or travel insurance with COVID-19 treatment content with a minimum coverage of 10,000 USD.
– Passengers on entry must pay for testing costs, medical isolation costs, medical examination and treatment and other related expenses (if any).
– For passengers who are foreigners and Vietnamese people holding foreign passports, in case they have aspirations or problems with applying for a Vietnam entry permit, they can contact us at the following clues:
+ Email: [email protected].
+ Guide and answer procedures for entry, exit and residence of foreigners: [email protected].
+ Phone: 02438260114/ 02438264026 (Hanoi)/ 028.39200365 (Ho Chi Minh City).
+ Procedures for applying for an entry permit can be found at the website: https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn./ .